What is Content Marketing
Everyone from small businesses to major corporations are using content marketing to attract new clients and keep the ones they have. But what is content marketing? Read on to learn about it and the top 5 ways it can help grow your business.
Content marketing focuses on consistently creating and distributing free, informative, relevant content for a targeted audience. The goal is to attract their attention and convert them into paying customers with content that is related to your product or service. The best content marketing educates and communicates about your offerings without blatant selling.
Content refers to any one, or a mix of, the following:
- Blog posts
- Social media
- Email newsletters
- White papers or reports
- and more
5 Ways Content Marketing Builds Business
1. Content Marketing is Customer Attractive — People often use the Internet to learn or become informed. Search terms are typically question based, such as — What is Content Marketing — and other similar question based phrases. While informative content marketing holds attention, “interruption marketing” — such as TV and radio ads — tend to repel it.
Up to 80% of people ignore Google-sponsored ads. — Search Engine Land
2. Reduces Marketing Costs — . Content strengthens your branding and typically costs less to create than purchasing other forms of advertising, such as print, TV and even online ads. Content can also be reused or refashioned for other company communications, giving your money more mileage.
Per dollar, content marketing produces 3 times more leads and costs 62% less than traditional marketing. — Hubspot
3. Get Found in Search — Publishing regular, keyword-rich content on your website helps your business climb higher in Google’s search listings. Are your competitors using content marketing? If not, you stand to greatly benefit from it. If they are, it’s time to show up and get in the game.
With 86% of companies engaged in content marketing, you can bet your competitors are doing it. — Content Marketing Institute
4. Social Sharing — Useful, relevant and even entertaining content gets shared on social media, introducing your business to a wider audience. This — in essence — is word-of-mouth marketing, which is proven to be more alluring and effective than a company generated advertisement.
5. Customer Loyalty — Content is an excellent resource to help customers get the most out of your products or services. In your content, share ways to enhance the benefits they’ll get from your offerings. Go this extra mile, and you’ll set your business apart from competitors.
Does your business need regular, targeted content marketing?
Our blog writing, social media and email marketing services promote brand awareness, lead generation, sales and more. Contact Us for a complimentary consultation.